Download your Mingy Prayerbook App here:
What's new about the 2015 edition of the Mingy Prayerbook?
- Multi-denominational prayers and reflections are now included to cater for personnel and their families and colleagues with whom we serve overseas.
- An Irish version of the ever-popular Serenity Prayer is now included. The prayer of Cardinal Newman receives the same treatment in English and Irish!
- Two prayers are included which have been promoted recently by Pope Francis - "Our Lady Untier of Knots" & "Prayer for Our Earth."
- Two of Evie Hone's windows - from St Patrick's Garrison Church in Cathal Brugha Barracks, Dublin and from St Michael's Garrison Church in Collins' Barracks, Cork - are featured. The most recent glass work is by George Walsh and is taken from the chapel in Finner Camp, County Donegal.
- The only window in Ireland of a soldier wearing a "G-shock" watch is at the centre of the book. This window by Ken Ryan is to be found in the Hercy Memorial Chapel at Dún Uí Mhaoilíosa.
Where can I source a Mingy prayerbook?
- Serving and retired personnel can contact their local chaplain.
- Personnel overseas in Lebanon, on the Golan Heights, in Mali and in the Mediterranean have been provided with the new Mingy Prayerbooks in recent months.
- The Mingy Prayerbook App is available at present in the iTunes store. The android version of the App is still at development stage with a view to being launched in mid-October 2015.
A word of thanks
- The prayers in the Mingy Prayerbook have developed through moments of prayer, conversation and sacraments which chaplains have shared with their personnel.
- Staff at the Defence Forces Printing Press provided valuable guidance during the design and printing stages of the revised prayerbook.
- Personnel in different locations - at home and overseas - were willing "testers" of the new App. The android version will be released in the coming weeks when development and testing is complete.
- The feedback of all users is greatly appreciated so that improvements can be made to future App versions of the Mingy Prayerbook.